In Spring of 2012, as part of my Fundamentals of Mechatronics coursework, I began working on a quadcopter. My original intent was to keep all of the work open source. I am still in the process of porting that work over from an old site. Please feel free to email me with questions regarding that work.
SpartaTron v1.0 Platform:
- Arduino Mega2560 MCU board
- Hobby King Flight Controller Board
- XBee radio for telerobotic communication
- 11.1V Li Battery
- Six ultrasound sensors
- Four brushless DC motors
- Four brushless electronic speed controller
- Handmade, hobby grade pine prototype frame
NOTE: Spartans are the San José State University mascot, and students are frequently heard joking about SJSU being, “Sparta!” The name of this project was a nod to my blue and gold, engineerding pride.